Monday, June 25, 2012

It's Too Hot NOT to Carpool


If you follow my antics on Facebook, you know the saga of the new white Neon.  If not, understand that I had a bit of a fender-bender in January.  On the highway on a really slippery night, some dude backed into us while we were stopped.  True story...although the cop and the other driver contended that it was impossible.  Whatever.  The repairs are tallying about $150 for me.

Of course last week was just stinking hot, and there'll be more.  So I finally got around to the last fix.  I think all I have to do is join a cut a/c hose, and the new white neon will be chilly all over again.  With $3.87, Dale and I went to my favorite auto store, HomeDepot, and got a PEX nipple and two hose clamps.  Viola!  Load up some R134a, and hissssss,  hissssss.  Bassa!  There's a massive leak in my condenser.  There will be no a/c anytime soon.

Moral of the story?  Dale is driving on hot days, and I'll take the cool ones.  Just one more good reason to jump in the pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment