Friday, July 6, 2012

My Drive to the Credit Union

It's been years since I've intentionally driven to my Credit Union with a deposit in my pocket.  Yeah, some rebate shop or sweepstakes from out of state will eventually send you a check from some place in the heartland.  Today it was a $10 job for some miscalculation from an out of state transaction I made a few months ago.  It's nice to know that folks are honest, as I would not have ever noticed a $10 overcharge on a fairly complex transaction.  (Makes me wonder what they really owe me.)

Today it dawned on me that in order to efficiently make this deposit, I would go to my copier at work, make an image of front and back, and submit that to my financial institution who uses something called CheckMate.  That was at 7AM.  By 4:45 PM, my check had been accepted and was in the process of being cleared.

So the next time you need to make a deposit, just use your cell phone, scanner, or copier, and save yourself the trip!  Your branch might be right in your pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment