Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Reason to Carpool #404 - Free Wireless Internet

Most of you are techies and know that many smartphones can be used as wireless hotspots.  Wanna know a secret?  Dale just got a new phone. My new Google Nexus 7 needs Internet during our commute.  Yup, he fell for the "You really should get a smartphone...Do it for your children" pitch, and I get free internet.

No more mornings like this:
Dale: "Did you hear what Congress did yesterday?  How many more laws do we really need? I wonder how many Federal Laws have been repealed...."
Joe: "Can't be many.  We should vote those people out and start eliminating all of the waste in Washington. I wish this Nexus had cell connectivity so we could do something about this right now!"

Now our mornings begin:
Dale: "I'm Dale, and I'm driving"
Joe: (muttering, reading from Google Nexus 7) "I'm really impressed by the effectiveness of Congress.  Did you know that out of the zillions of laws enacted by them, the number of laws repealed is barely in the double digits?"  
Dale: "I know they work really hard.  I didn't realize they get things right so often.  No way could I do that job as well as them. "
Joe: "Don't beat yourself up, Dale.  Remember, some of those guys have entire careers of experience. Not everyone can be a congressman"
Dale: "Yeah.  First you need to be an incumbent.  Get it?"
Joe: "Oh Dale, I don't know how you can be so sharp this early in the morning!"  

I hope Dale has an unlimited plan.  Which gives me an idea...should we ditch the crash cam and run with the Nexus and stream live?

Carpool = Free Internet, Incumbents.

2 comments: